You may use this notebook post to quickly extract value from the following video without watching it entirely.
Watch the video
Read the notebook
- Things that will affect the future
- AI is something that could go wrong so we have to make sure it’s built the good way.
- Genetics to solve genetic diseases.
- High bandwidth interface to the brain.
- People who want to be useful (to the world, society) should not all get a PhD.
- If something didn’t improve, rocket technology would stay stuck. This is a trend to zero as nobody was working to make rockets better.
- Civilizations decline by stopping innovating and stalling. Eg: Rome stopping building roads and other infrastructure.
- Entropy is not on our side.
- Odds of a Mars colony are good. Certain there is a way to establish life on Mars.
- To build a safe future, we need to ensure any powerful AI cannot be controlled by a powerful entity (e.g. a corporation). Democratization and spread of commoditized AI is better as it doesn’t get controlled by a few (speaking about OpenAI). So AI systems must be widespread to ensure a safe future for people.
- 80% of Elon time is spent on Engineering and Design, although people think he’s kind of a business person.
- What really matters is the machine that builds the machine (speaking of factory lines of the Tesla factory).